Sunday, September 13, 2009

Cough, Please.

Just the other day, I took my son to the Clinic to have some stitches removed from his injured wrist. As we were waiting for the doctor, I told him that he should come back soon to have a complete physical. "What is a complete physical?" he asked. I told him that it is a medical process during which the nurse will examine his whole body and report to the doctor if there is something wrong and the doctor will decide if it needs fixing.

"Does the nurse check your hair for ukus?" he asked. I said yes. "Does she check your teeth?" he already assumed the nurse is a she. I nodded.

"What about your eyes and ears?" he wanted to know. "Those, too." I told him. "I bet she will want to check inside my pants, too." he wagered. "Well, I think they need to check there just to make sure everything is there." I tried hard not to smile.

"I'm not coming back!" he exclaimed. I tried not to look at him, "What?" I asked. "And why not?"

He was serious. "My friend told me that when he went for a checkup, the nurse asked him to drop his pants," he said, "then she grabbed his nuts, squeezed them hard and asked him to cough." I cracked up. "Well, did he cough?" I laughed. "No, he was not sick but he almost pissed on her hand." We both laughed and the doctor asked what was so funny as he entered the room. We laughed even harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment